I wanted a grilled cheese that was different, but made with ingredients that are loved by pretty much everyone. So, I present to you: Southern Grilled Cheese, made with breaded pork, swiss and manchego cheese, and an avocado and cream cheese spread, served on grilled wheat bread. I think you are going to like it!
Southern Grilled Cheese
4 ounces Cream Cheese-softened
1/2 pound Pork Loin
1/2 cup Flour
Make your spread by mixing the
avocado and cream cheese. Add pepper.
Cut 2 pieces of pork loin from the larger loin.
Cut the pieces about 1/4"-1/2" thickness.
Pound the pork with a tenderizer turning the pork
over to pound both sides at least twice. While you are
pounding, pull the pork out slightly, making it thinner.
Pour your flour on a plate, beat the egg in a bowl.
Melt some butter in a pan to fry the pork.
Take each piece of pork and dredge it in the flour
on both sides.........
then dip it in the egg........
and then dredge through the flour again.
Fry the pork in the pan, turning when needed
to cook completely.
While the pork is cooking,
heat up a pan, or two, to grill your bread.
As the bread starts to grill, place swiss on one piece of the bread,
and manchego cheese on the other piece, and let
the cheese begin to melt.
Put your sandwich together, placing the
avocado spread on to the pork.
Enjoy with some iced cold milk!
Check out all the other yummy grilled cheese marvels below!
- Bacon Apple Mascarpone Grilled Cheese from Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Caramelized Onion Bacon Grilled Cheese from Rebekah at Making Miracles
- Chicken Bacon and Avocado Grilled Cheese from Jacklyn at Mrs. Penguin
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Grilled Cheese from Marissa at Rae Gun Ramblings
- Crusty Griddle Baked Quesadillas with Poblano Rajas from Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm
- French Toast Grilled Cheese with Balsamic Berry Compote from Joy at The Joyful Foodie
- Grilled Cheese in the Garden from Camilla at Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Grilled Cheese with Caramelized Onions and Spinach from Tara at Tara's Multicultural Table
- Ham, Apple and Sharp Cheddar Grilled Cheese from Carlee at Cooking With Carlee
- Mac and Cheese Grilled Cheese from Lauren at From Gate to Plate
- Muffuletta Grilled Cheese from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Open Faced Italian Grilled Cheese from Kathleen at Fearlessly Creative Mammas
- Southern Grilled Cheese from Teri at The Freshman Cook
- Spicy Pear Grilled Cheese from Kelly at Passion Kneaded
Foodie Extravaganza is where we celebrate obscure food holidays or cook and bake together with the same ingredient or theme each month. This month we celebrate National Grilled Cheese Month by serving up sandwiches.
Posting day is always the first Wednesday. If you are a blogger and would like to participate in the next Foodie Extravaganza, just go to our Facebook page to join. We would love to have you!
Follow our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest board for past events and more deliciousness!